A whole new adventure...

An expression of my thoughts and feelings on my OT journey, both personal and professsional.

Friday 3 May 2013

Penultimate university assessment is over!

For the past two weeks my life has revolved around the presentation I gave today. Two weeks of barely leaving the house, and fearing that I will get cabin (bungalow) fever.

Today (Wednesday) I was 1 of 18 people to present. I went 4th. It was torturous, but I did it, even though I have may have just stopped midway through sentences. I presented on children's occupations, with a focus on DCD and the use of the Co-op approach to  address handwriting deficits.

Yesterday I sat through another 17 presentations on a variety of topics including stroke, static splints and health promotion. It was a fantastic atmosphere where everyone was so supportive, and when you were presenting all you saw was a sea of faces smiling and willing you to get to the end of your presentation successfully. People were for the most part very respectful, everyone staying for the two days, people who never really speak congratulating each other. There was a few people who sneaked off at the end of day two...but there always will be.

We had a group photo with the lecturers as well at lunch time, which was nice. At the end the lecturers all said goodbye which was sweet, and sort of emotional. As we walked away from the campus we realised it was the last time we would be doing that. It was a bitter sweet moment, but I dwelled on it for only a moment as we were walking, in the sunshine, to the pub. It was a lovely treat to sit in a pub garden in the sunshine to both catch up and say goodbye, as it was the last time that we would be doing such a thing for probably a fair while. I enoyed a coke an everyone else had a beer (I was the designated driver).

Today, we are chilling, no alarm was set, and it has been a lazy day. Suzanne is joining us at 4ish for wine in the garden. I have until tuesday to catch up on all those things I had been neglecting, before I get the case studies for the exam.

17th May, 2-4pm.

4:01pm: We head to the pub.

xx