A whole new adventure...

An expression of my thoughts and feelings on my OT journey, both personal and professsional.

Friday 17 May 2013

The exam

The two case studies that came up I was happy with - although I didn't particularly have a preference I felt fully prepared for the all. I was able to write out a plan and that way I ensured I wrote every point I wished to, and in a logical and coherent order. I was able to remember, link to and explain using my clinical reasoning the studies, polices and laws I wanted to, and even managed to throw in a few other bits and bobs I managed to pull from some corner of my mind!! I wrote solidly for 50 minutes for each case study, giving myself 5 minutes for planning and 5 minutes for reading and editing at the end of each one.

I know it won't be the best thing I have ever written, but I addressed the question and included all required aspects. Some people ran out of time (I don't understand how) and some people went into huge detail about some areas of the process and neglected other parts such as the intervention... but I personally found that it wasn't too difficult, and I'm sure I will have passed.

I cannot explain the feeling when I was sat there and the invigilators were collecting the papers - I had finished and it was as if a massive weight was lifted from my shoulders. Amazing!!!

xx

Labels: ,